This cookbook design package is "DIY". You enter recipes & photos and make design decisions using our intuitive software. We'll provide technical support and proofread prior to printing your book.
$49 This plan includes everything below:
- Secure access to cloud-based cookbook design softwareOur software is cloud based, and access information will be sent to you as soon as possible. You will receive a unique login and password along with Getting Started instructions, and a link to set up your Orientation Consultation. Our software allows you to invite additional collaborators for your project as well. Email and phone support is included with your account. Our software is highly intuitive, so if you get around the internet without trouble, you should be able to navigate our program as well.
- Milestone consultations along the way (by phone or email)We will stay in touch with you as your project progresses, as needed. It's never a bother to check in, even between our scheduled calls.
- Standard cover designsOur software has built-in cover designs to choose from. We can show you how to create a custom cover yourself, or if that's above your pay grade, custom cover design is available for purchase separately.
- Customizable categories & standard dividersCategories relate to Table of Contents. Example: Appetizers. Our software allows you to create a custom set of categories along with several options for divider design (inside cover page for the category section).
- ForewordThere is a template in the software allowing for some narrative. Here you can add dedications, stories and more.
- Table of ContentsOur software will create your Table of Contents automatically based on your entry of recipes into the template. There is some flexibility here to rearrange the order of recipes, etc.
- IndexOur software automatically creates an index for you based on how you enter recipes and information into the recipe templates, making it easy to cross-reference categorically.
- Prepare for publishing consultationWhen you're ready to publish, we'll look through your project and optimize layouts, review your proofs and make revision suggestions before we go to print.
- 1 Hard copy (up to 400 pages) 5.5 x 8.5 Digest OR 8.5 x 11 Letter finished product sizeThis is one of the biggest differences between us and our competition. We are proud to say we include 1 hard copy of your finished product at no additional charge (average $25 value). We also work together with you to be sure refinements are made before sending your project off to publication.
- Online order link for friends, family and followersWe know your family, friends and followers will want a copy of your cookbook as soon as it's hot off the press! We will create an online order link where they can place their order and our publishing company will fulfill once your product is finished. For businesses who plan to sell copies moving forward, we will discuss wholesale pricing with you during your Consultation call.
- Annual updates and revisionsOnce you're published, ultimately you'll think of a recipe you wanted to include, or maybe you'll want to change things up a bit. Good news! for as long as we are in operation, you can make revisions to your project any time. Please note, you're responsible for ordering updated book(s).
- Wholesale pricing on orders of 25 or more copies of your bookJust like it sounds, we'll give you a price break if you place an individual order for 25 or more copies. Reach out for a price quote.
- Opportunity to earn money selling your book or eBook. Click the ? for info and examples.Choose from our wholesale option (you purchase in bulk and sell on your own) OR let us handle fulfillment for you (you do not carry or handle inventory). Example: If wholesale price is $12 per copy, and retail price is $25 per copy, you make $13 per copy sold. So, for example, if you purchase the Basic Plan to design your book, you would have to sell 4 books to make your money back ($13 profit x 4 books = $52). For the Hybrid Plan, you'd need to sell 22 books ($13 x 22 = $286) and for the Custom Plan, you'd need to sell 39 copies ($13 x 30 = $507). Keep in mind wholesale and retail pricing is HIGHLY VARIABLE, the example is not a guarantee. We can furnish a better revenue forecast for you once we talk.
This cookbook design package combines "DIY" and Custom elements. You enter recipes & photos using our intuitive software. We'll assist with design, customization, timeline management and proofread prior to printing your book.
$279 This plan includes everything from the Basic Plan PLUS:
- Custom cover designThis package includes a custom cover design. You choose the photograph or collage to be included and select the name for your book. We do the rest.
- Custom category & divider designThis package includes custom designed category dividers. If you need help setting up your custom categories in the software, we'll show you how.
- Handwritten recipe file formatting to show as photo in cookbookWe know handwritten recipes are important to you and that photo sizing and quality can be a challenge. We are happy to prepare these for you to enter into your cookbook. Remember, if your project becomes overwhelming at any time, you can choose to upgrade, and the full price you paid for your package will be credited toward a custom package.
- Photo collage design & photo formattingWe know you may want to add photos and photo collage pages to your cookbook. If you're stuck on how to get those formatted, we are happy to prepare the files for you to enter into your cookbook. Remember, if your project becomes overwhelming at any time, you can choose to upgrade, and the full price you paid for your package will be credited toward a custom package.
- File scanning (ie: recipes, photos, notes, etc.)If you have paper recipes, printed photos, or other files to digitize, we are happy to get those scanned into the computer for you, making it easy for you to add to your cookbook. Remember, if your project becomes overwhelming at any time, you can choose to upgrade, and the full price you paid for your package will be credited toward a custom package.
- Professional oversight and timeline management of your projectWe want you to be successful, and know a little handholding goes a long way. Together we will set up your Client Portal with a plan for action and deadlines for your milestones. You'll have secure access to the portal for uploading files, and tracking the progress of your project. We touch base with you along the way to ensure timelines stay on track.
This cookbook design package is full-service. We do everything for you. You're responsible for providing content and approving design along the way.
$499 This plan includes everything from the Hybrid Plan PLUS:
- All design work completed by Creative CookbooksWe know there are those who are creative, and those who are not. If you're not one of those people, leave the design work to us. We'll ensure your book design is consistent throughout. If you're a business, we'll be sure to apply your brand standards as applicable. If you're a control freak, we get that too, so we build in draft reviews along the way so we're sure to have your stamp of approval.
- Entry & placement of recipes, photos, stories, etc. completed by Creative Cookbooks (up to a 400 page book)This is a full service package which means we do all the hard parts. From scanning to formatting to organizing and entering all related files. Please note: full transcription is not included. If the recipes you provide are not copy/paste-able, a transcription fee may apply. We will advise you at the start of the project whether this is the case. We do have software that makes almost any scanned file copy/paste-able, but there may be instances where your file doesn't convert. Transcription services equate to around $1 per recipe.
- Unlimited revision cycles leading up to publicationWe know you want your project to be as perfect as possible. While we have built in set draft reviews along the way, and we hope each review only requires one revision, we understand it may take an extra one or two to get things where they need to be. We provide guidance at each revision cycle to take the guesswork out of what you're looking for.
Our cookbook (recipes, photos, and design done!), with your personalized or branded cover and foreword/front matter pages! It doesn’t get any easier. A solution for those who seek a quick turnaround; great for gifting or fundraising.
$35 One time setup fee. Choose book option below.
- Custom cover designYou provide us with some cover photo options, your title and anything else to include on the front or back. Choose which recipe book you'd like it applied to and we'll do the rest!
- Personalized front matterYou can add up to 3 pages in the front of the book dedicated to your personal message or ad. You provide the copy, we will do the rest.
- Price includes standard 12-14-day shipping on orders of 2 or more copies
- Expedited shipping available for additional fee. Keep in mind the publisher still needs to print your book(s), so the fastest option is still around 7 days.
- 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Digest dimensions finished product. You'll choose book size at checkout. Choose from the following:
- Book of 35 recipes/approx. 115 pages $20 per book
- Book of 75 recipes/approx. 200 pages $25 per book
- Book of 150 recipes/approx. 375 pages $30 per book
- Wholesale pricing on orders of 25 or more copies
- Optional online order link for friends, family and followers